How to get the most out of your facial mask
It sometimes may seem that nothing is easier to do than put on a facial mask. But there are many nuances that impact the effect you will get from the mask, as well as the pleasure of the experience.
- Cleanse. – One fact is clear – a face that is free from dirt will absorb the nutrients more effectively. Cleanse your face with a scrub or a tonic. The easiest way to do this is to wash your face with oatmeal.
- Prepare. Before preparing your facial mask, carefully find out exactly how and in what proportions ingredients should me mixed. Do not experiment on yourself, based on rumors that you heard about what should be mixed together. Otherwise, instead your skin may end up irritated instead of glowing. If you bought a mask, strictly follow the instructions. Do not add any other active ingredients, unless you really know what you are doing.
- Choose a zone. There are places where the mask in can’t be applied for a variety of reasons. For example, the delicate skin around the eyes and lips should be avoided. Moreover, it is recommended to protect the eyes, the best way to do this purpose is to use a cotton pad. So that they fit tightly, slightly moisten them in water and put them on the eyes. You can also use slices of cucumber or raw potatoes, which are great for puffy eyes.
- Apply. The easiest way to apply masks is with your hands. However, it is more hygienic to apply a thick mask with special spatula, or if the mask is sufficiently liquid, apply it with a cosmetic or artistic brush.
- Relax. Some women continue to do different chores while wearing a facial mask. However, this is unacceptable. With mask, your face should be relaxed and motionless. The mask will penetrate into all wrinkles and pores this way. So during this pleasant procedure, give yourself a little bit of free time and lie down or at least sit, leaning back in a chair.
- Wait. To work well, a mask needs time. The most optimal time for the mask is about 15 – 20 minutes. After you remove the mask, it’s advisable not to go outside for about two hours.
- Remove. Remove the mask with a wet cotton pad or a towel. It is strictly forbidden to scrape, tear, or wait until the mask goes away by itself. After removing the mask, put on cream that is best for your skin type.
Did i miss something, ladies? Share you thoughts on the ways you apply your facial mask to make them work better.
This entry was posted in Green Beauty Tips and tagged Facial mask