Quick Recipes to Get Golden Skin at Home
A few weeks ago, I shared with you my Top 6 Homemade Remedies for a Stunning Tan. While I was writing that post, I remembered that I had previously written posts about homemade tan methods, even without going into the sun, you can give your skin a light and sexy tan. I decided to update you with some new recipes that I found after writing this post a few months ago, so here is my list:
- You can wash your skin with a strong brewed black tea, coffee, or cocoa. This will give your skin a light tan, and it will also make it more elastic. Another good idea is to create ice cubes from coffee or strong tea, and wipe your face with one each morning. This will give your skin a light golden tone without tanning.
- You can also make facial masks with the addition of ground coffee or cocoa. This mask will not only give your face the appearance of a suntan, but it will also cleanse the skin. It is very simple to prepare this mask: Mix a small amount of coffee or cocoa with a little water so that the mixture becomes thick. Apply the mask to your face, and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. If you have very dry skin, water can be replaced with vegetable oil.
- As I mentioned in my previous article about homemade remedies for a stunning tan, carrot is a very strong ingredient to help you get homemade tan faster. However, it also provides a powerful benefit of adding bronze color to your skin by itself. Any recipes made from carrot juice and glycerin will add a golden tone to your skin!
- The surprising find for me was that you can use juice from rhubarb root to darken your skin. Squeeze the rhubarb root to create juice, and wipe your face with it twice per day. If you have oily skin, you can scrub your skin with this mixture. If you have dry skin, you can create a mask from rhubarb juice and sour cream. Mix 1 teaspoon of sour cream and 1 teaspoon of juice, and apply to your complexion for 10 minutes. Remove this mixture with a cloth.
- Last of all, let’s not forget about chamomile! This herb has a lovely scent with coloring benefits. Mix 8 tablespoons of chamomile, and place in a container with 1 L of boiled water. Close this tightly, and let it sit for two hours. Strain the infusion, and wipe your skin with it every morning. You can also make ice cubes from this mixture, and rub your skin with the ice cubes to refresh your complexion in the morning.
Unfortunately, if you want your tan to stay on for longer, you do need to give up the Cleopatra’s milk bath because all dairy products will have a whitening effect on the skin. Try to avoid using these products to help your tan last longer.
Have you tried one of these homemade tan recipes before? Do you have your own secret on how to create a golden skin tone at home?